Center Avenue Community School will continue to implement School-wide Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (SWPBIS) this year.
The intent of SWPBIS is to encourage and reinforce positive behavior from students by creating schoolwide expectations. PBIS is part of the larger Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS) that the district has been implementing. This system of supports includes both behavioral and academic components.
SWPBIS guiding principles include:
- Every child can learn proper behavior.
- Stepping in early can prevent more serious behavior problems.
- Each child is different and schools need to provide many kinds of behavior support.
- How schools teach behavior should be based on research and science.
- Following a child’s behavioral progress is important.
- Schools must gather and use data to make decisions about behavior problems.
At Center Avenue, our SWPBIS theme is the 3 B's. Show everyone the Butler way! Practice the three B's everyday! Be safe. Be Respectful. Be Responsible.